There are lots of ways you can hide the gaps in your smile – but when it comes to the long-term benefits, none compares with dental implants. If you have missing teeth, here’s why implants might be the best option for you.
- Implants have the potential to last a lifetime. Dentures, crowns and bridges can be a fantastic solution for missing teeth, but they will need adjusting and replacing every few years, which can be costly as well as inconvenient. Look after your implants, and you’ll keep them much longer – if you’re lucky you may never need to replace them!
- Implants are anti-ageing. When teeth are missing, the jaw bone naturally deteriorates, causing the kind of facial sagging we associate with growing old. Because implants do the work of a tooth’s root, they support the jaw bone, transmitting chewing forces that encourage blood circulation and prevent atrophy – keeping you looking younger for longer.
- Implants don’t damage other teeth. Traditional restorations for missing teeth, such as dental bridges, require the dentist to grind down adjacent healthy teeth so that they can accept the crowns that secure the bridge in place. Implants, by contrast, will not compromise your existing healthy teeth.
- Implants involve only minor surgery. Implants might be high-tech, but the procedure itself is minimally invasive thanks to our computer-guided technology. Digital scanning and planning makes the procedure ultra-precise, which in turn promotes faster healing and minimal downtime.
- Implants make you a better brusher. Implants are an investment that require a commitment to oral hygiene – because if they fail, they will be costly to replace. Thankfully, implants are actually easier to clean than traditional restorations – and certainly easier to maintain than your old, failing teeth. The upshot of all this is that you get to enjoy great oral health – ensuring your smile stays beautiful – and an improved long-term quality of life.
- Implants let you take everything else for granted. Failing or missing teeth can have a huge impact on your lifestyle – causing you to hide your smile, preventing you from speaking with confidence, depriving you of the foods you love, and requiring you to live with constant discomfort. Dental implants let you take all those things for granted again – so long as you look after them, they can give you a whole new lease of life.
Interested in finding out more about implants?
Come into 543 Dental for a no-obligation consultation. We’ll talk you through your options, including the cost of implants in Hull and the finance options we offer to help you pay for your treatment.